If you are unsatisfied with the service you have received from the Association and wish to make a complaint you can do so using the Association’s Complaints procedure.
A complaint can be made in person, by telephone, in writing, by email or by using the Association’s complaints form and must include your full name and address, as much information as you can about your complaint, what has gone wrong and how you want us to resolve the matter. Your complaint must be made within 6 months of the event you wish to complaint about or within 6 months from when you found you had reason to complain. Complaints will not be accepted 12 months after the event except in exceptional circumstances.
Our complaints procedure has two stages:
We would contact you within 5 working days of receiving your complaint with a response. We would seek to resolve your complaint at this stage with an explanation if something has clearly gone wrong, an apology and immediate action to resolve the problem. If we cannot resolve the problem at this stage we will explain why. If you are still dissatisfied you can ask for your complaint to be investigated further through stage 2.
Stage 2 deals with complaints that have not been resolved at Stage 1 and those that are complex and require further investigation. When using Stage 2 we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days, discuss your complaint with you to gain a better understanding of why you remain dissatisfied and what outcome you are looking for. We will give you a full response to your complaint as soon as possible and within 20 working days unless our investigation will take longer, at which point we will tell you and agree a revised timescale. We will also keep you updated on our progress.
If you remain dissatisfied and believe that we have failed to comply with our factoring duties or Property Factor’s Code of Conduct then an application can be made to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Housing and Property. This application must be made by completing an application form which can be downloaded from the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Housing and Property website or requested from the Tribunal office at:
• Evidence that you have notified us of your complaint and that we have refused to resolve it or have unreasonably delayed resolving the complaint.
• Copies of any correspondence which you have sent and received from us regarding the complaint including our response to your notification of the complaint
• A copy of our Statement of Core Services
It should be noted that the Association will retain all information relating to your complaint for 3 years from the date of the complaint.
The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Housing and Property cannot deal with the following:
• Complaints that relate to the period before the Property Factor (Scotland) Act 2011 came into force on 1 October 2012 unless the complaint applies to a continuing failure on our part which is ongoing after the Act came into force
• Complaints of a similar nature that have been resolved prior to the act coming into force but have arisen again after 1 October 2012. You would be required to exhaust the Association’s Complaints procedure and provide the Panel with supporting documentation dated after the Act came into force before your application would be considered by the Home Owner Housing Panel.
Further information can be obtained from the First-tier for Scotland Housing and Property website.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
9:00am - 4.30pm
1st & 3rd Wednesday (9.00am- 1.00pm closed)
Open from 1.00 pm - 4.30 pm
We are open at lunchtime
We are closed on weekends
CXHA Emergency Repairs: 0800 595 595
Gas Heating Emergency (for Tenants only): 07725 012200
Gas Emergency: 0800 111 999
Scottish Power Emergency: 0845 272 7999
Scottish Water: 0845 600 8855
Fire, Police, Ambulance: 999
Shelter Helpline: 0800 800 4444
(8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends)
Scottish Housing Regulator Registration Number: HCB 88
Scottish Charity Number: SC042842
Registered with the Financial Conduct Authority Number: 1805RS
Property Factored Registered Number: PF00025