0141 333 0404

How To Pay Your Rent  

Payment Methods

The Association tries to make as many payment methods available to tenants as possible. You can pay your rent in any of the following ways:

  • Post Office: All you need to do is to take your Allpay swipe card along with your payment.  You will receive a receipt – please keep this in a safe place.
  • Pay Point: Take your Allpay swipe card along to any shop or garage which displays the Pay Point terminal sign.
  • By Telephone to Applay: Please call Allpay on 0870 770 0472 (Debit card payments only).  Also view their website.
  • Online: Please visit the Allpay Internet Payment site here. Please note that only Debit card payments are accepted.
  • Housing Benefit: Your Housing Benefit can be paid straight to the Association (at the moment) by Glasgow City Council.
  • By Direct Debit:  If you want to pay by Direct Debit please contact one of our Housing Management Team members who will be pleased to assist you.
  • By Standing Order:  If you would like to set up a standing order/faster payment please contact a staff member from the Housing Management team.
  • Using your debit card:  We have the use of a system named 'Callpay'.  This system allows us to take payments from you over the telephone and in person should you visit our office, using your debit card details.

Please note that if you wish to make cash payments at our office this will need to be by prior arrangement. Please contact a staff member to discuss this beforehand.


Arrears Advice

What If You Are In Arrears And Having Difficulties?

Our staff are trained to monitor all of our tenants’ rent accounts closely to ensure that arrears do not build up. We place an emphasis on early intervention and this includes face to face or verbal contact wherever possible. It is likely therefore that if you do get into difficulty or your miss a payment we will know about this and will be in touch.

It is equally as important that you contact us as quickly as possible if you are having difficulties finding the money to pay your rent.  We would recommend that you get in touch with your Housing Officer straight away. Please do not wait until we contact you.

Your Housing Officer will discuss the possibility of entering into a suitable repayment plan with you to pay what you owe over time. We will base this repayment plan on your individual financial circumstances. If you decide to share financial information with us we will not use this for any purpose other than to establish your ability to make repayments and we will of course not expect you to pay any more than you can afford.

Once you agree to a repayment plan it is extremely important that you keep to it and make all necessary payments. We will monitor your payments and contact you again as quickly as possible should any be missed.

Please note, whilst we will always deal sympathetically with customers that are experiencing financial difficulty, if you do not make or keep to a repayment plan it is likely that this will result in legal action being taken. If we need to take legal action your home may be at risk.

Any Questions Or Concerns ?

The Association appreciates how being in arrears can have an impact on you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff if you have any concerns. 

Experience shows us that dealing with arrears quickly leads to a speedy resolution. Please remember we are here to help you! 

Applying For Help With Rental Payments

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to Housing Benefit to cover all or part of your rent. You do not need to be receiving other benefits to qualify.

If you receive Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance, you will be entitled to receive Housing Benefit.

If you are working or on any other benefit it is likely that if Housing Benefit is paid it may not cover your full rent.  This means that you will have to pay something towards your rent. We will be able to calculate how much rent you need to pay and this will be based on how much Housing Benefit is awarded by the Council each week.

What Other Advice Is Available?

The Association does not employ welfare rights specialists directly.  If you need specific advice on money matters we would recommend that you contact your nearest Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Money Advice Centre. 

The contact telephone numbers for the nearest offices for our area are 0141-946-6373 (Citizens Advice Bureau, Maryhill) and 0141-572-0237 (Money Advice Scotland).    


Contact Details

Charing Cross Housing Association
31 Ashley Street
Glasgow G3 6DR
Tel:  0141 333 0404
E-mail:  cxha@cxha.org.uk

Opening Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
9:00am - 4.30pm

1st & 3rd Wednesday (9.00am- 1.00pm closed)

Open from 1.00 pm - 4.30 pm

We are open at lunchtime

We are closed on weekends

Useful Numbers

CXHA Emergency Repairs:  0800 595 595

Gas Heating Emergency (for Tenants only):  07725 012200

Gas Emergency:  0800 111 999
Scottish Power Emergency:  0845 272 7999
Scottish Water:  0845 600 8855
Fire, Police, Ambulance:   999

Shelter Helpline:  0800 800 4444

(8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends) 


Scottish Housing Regulator Registration Number: HCB 88
Scottish Charity Number: SC042842

Registered with the Financial Conduct Authority Number:  1805RS

Property Factored Registered Number: PF00025 


Logo Scottish GovernmentLogo Scottish Social Services CouncilSPSO Logo 2019Logo Citizens Advice Logo Glasgow City CouncilLogo Scottish Housing Regulator
© 2012 - 2019 Charing Cross HA

Website by Kiswebs Web & App Design