The Association will deal with informal requests from tenants and tenants groups to promote tenant participation and consultation.
Interested in joining a group of other tenants in setting up a Registered Tenants Organisation? Do you have issues that you would like to be kept advised of/be involved in relating to the work of this Association?
If so, one of the ways you can do this is to speak to us about setting up a properly constituted committee of tenants. We will provide funding to train and support you through this process.
Tenants groups can apply to become RTO’s (Registered Tenants’ Organisations). The Association will register an RTO which has a written constitution that sets out: -
• Its main objectives and area of operation.
• Its membership criteria and procedure for applying membership.
• How the Committee operates (including how office bearers are elected).
• How its business is conducted.
• How its decisions are reached.
• How its funds are managed.
• How meetings (including the annual general meeting) are organised.
• Its procedures for amending its constitution.
• Its commitment to promoting equal opportunities.
A group which the Association refuses to register as an RTO can appeal to Ministers as can an RTO which the Association has removed from its register.
The Association can provide funding for training for an RTO. The Association will open a register which will be available at reception if an RTO were created. The register will give the RTO’s name, its area of operation and address.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
9:00am - 4.30pm
Wednesdays open 1pm - 4.30pm
We are open at lunchtime
We are closed on weekends
CXHA Emergency Repairs: 0800 595 595
Gas Heating Emergency (for Tenants only): 07725 012200
Gas Emergency: 0800 111 999
Scottish Power Emergency: 0845 272 7999
Scottish Water: 0845 600 8855
Fire, Police, Ambulance: 999
Shelter Helpline: 0800 800 4444
(8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends)
Scottish Housing Regulator Registration Number: HCB 88
Scottish Charity Number: SC042842
Registered with the Financial Conduct Authority Number: 1805RS
Property Factored Registered Number: PF00025