How To Report A Repair (Association Tenants only)
For Emergency repairs, please phone the Association on 0141 333 0404 or if the office is closed, please phone City Building on 0800 595 595 for Joiner, Plumber or Electrician. For a Gas Heating engineer, please phone 645 FM Ltd on 0141 465 2888 (Choose Option1).
The type of repairs that are considered Emergencies are listed below:
- Unsafe power sockets, lighting or electrical fittings;
- Loss of electricity or gas or water supply (unless due to no credit in meter)
- Blocked flue to an open fire or boiler;
- External windows, doors or locks which are not secure;
- No heating or hot water;
- Blocked toilets (if there is no other toilet in the house), sink, bath or basin
- Blocked drains or pipes with sewage leaking out
- Significant leaking or flooding from a water or heating pipe.
Other useful emergency numbers
- Gas emergency – gas leak or no supply to property/building – 0800 111 999
- Scottish power – no supply to property /building, – 0845 272 7999
- Scottish water – burst in street 0845 600 8855
All other types of repairs can be reported as follows:
- Telephone the Association on 0141 333 0404.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On line Report A Repair Tool
You need to be aware that :
- Some repairs may need a pre-insection before the Association can instruct a contractor.
- If the repair is an emergency, you must remain available to give access for the workmen.
- You will be contacted by the Contractor to arrange a convenient time to carry out the repair. If you need to change the appointment, please contact the contractor and arrange an alternative. If the contractor arrives at an agreed time and you do not give access, you could be charged the contractor’ s time for attending. If failure to provide access causes further damage to the property you may be charged for the additional repairs needed.
- If the repair is carried out and it is found that the work is due to damage caused by you or someone visiting you or living with you, you will be charged for the repair.
- You are responsible for repairs to alterations or improvements you have made to the property.
- When the contractor arrives to carry out the repair, they should have their identity card with them. Please check the card and if for any reason you are not satisfied that they are who they say they are, do not let them into your house and telephone the Association.
REPAIR RESPONSE TIMES
Repairs are carried out under the following categories:-:
- Emergency: Where there is a danger to people or property or complete loss of light, heat, power or water. Target Response Time: ‘Made Safe’ within 4 hours
- Urgent: Where there is loss of service to the resident, or where not doing the repair would result in further problems to the property. Target Response Time: 4 working days
- Routine: Where the repair can wait its turn without causing serious inconvenience to the resident. Target Response Time: 8 working days